- Almost all prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas and are slow growing.
- Risk factors for prostate cancer include family history, diets high in red meats and dairy, obesity, and African ancestry.
- Around 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during their lifetime. Around 60% of prostate cancer diagnoses are in men 65 and older.
- Symptoms include weak or interrupted urine flow, sudden urges to urinate, trouble emptying the bladder completely, and burning or pain during urination.
- In 2020, around 192,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and around 33,300 will die from the disease. Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of cancer related death in men, right after lung cancer.
- Prostate cancer screening tests such as the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) tests can result in diagnosis of about 80% of men with the disease. This leads to earlier and more effective treatment.
- If detected early, prostate cancer is highly treatable and has a high survival rate of nearly 100%.
- Over 900 prostate cancer clinical trials are currently active in the United States! New treatments, screening tools, and preventative measures are coming.
More Details: Prostate Cancer Symptoms and Treatment
Free Matching to Cancer Clinical Trials
- Your match report contains a detailed list of cervical cancer clinical trials that you may be eligible to enroll in to receive unique and nonconventional treatment. Standard treatment is not the only option.
- A patient advocate will review your report with you to answer any questions or concerns you may have and assist with enrollment if you decide to move forward with a trial.
- There’s no need to travel to a clinical trial site until the enrollment process is complete.
Our number one priority is creating positive outcomes for cancer patients. Let us help you today.